MEP Contractors in Dubai
MEP refers to the Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing aspects of building design and construction. It is a key element of any construction project from the planning and decision-making stages including cost-estimation, final construction and the operation and maintenance of the completed building. Due to the important nature of MEP in the infrastructure of any building, employing a qualified experienced MEP contractor in Dubai is essential.
What you should look for if you are planning to hire an MEP contractor in Dubai?
There are several factors that you need to take into account when looking to shortlist potential contractors, here are just a few of the key points that you need to take into consideration.
- Experience and Expertise
As with most contractors, it is always better to look for ones who are well established and have a track record of delivering projects similar to the one you are undertaking. Aside from the years of experience, there are other questions that you should consider e.g. how many permanent staff do they have in their MEP division and how do they source additional, reliable, manpower for large scale projects?
Always check that they have the correct certifications in place, including those related to health and safety. If a company holds certification above and beyond what is legally required to operate in the region it is a reassuring sign that the company is looking to constantly improve its services and provide better service to their customers.
- Reviews and Clients
When looking for a potential contractor, an important consideration is their portfolio of clients. This doesn’t only include completed commissions, it is also worth looking to see if they have recently been awarded any new projects. If they haven’t completed any MEP projects and don’t appear to have won any new contracts in a while, you may want to reconsider adding them to your shortlist.
About Dome’s MEP services
Established in 2015 our dedicated MEP division, Dome Advanced Electromechanical Works LLC (DAEW), can fully undertake all our clients’ requirements for mechanical, electrical and plumbing services in their construction projects including:
- The design, supply, installation, testing and commissioning for all new installations
- Maintenance of all electrical systems
- Maintenance of all drainage and water supply systems
- Upgrades of current electrical systems
- Liaising with all the relevant authorities and obtaining the correct approvals
- Maintenance of the general building infrastructure
- Complete delivery of chillers and chilled water piping systems
- Calculation of heating and cooling loads
- Installation of HVAC systems including duct design and fabrication
- Annual maintenance of HVAC systems by our specialist team
- Fire alarm systems including emergency and exit lighting
- Firefighting systems including the testing and commissioning of the system
- Low current systems such as those used by CCTV
DAEW has completed numerous projects in the region including works for Dubai Municipality, Dubai Health Authority and EMAAR which includes large scale works such as the supply and installation of GRP tanks with a capacity of 53,000 gallons.
If you would like to find out more about the services DAEW can offer as an MEP contractor in Dubai and the wider GCC region, and how DAEW can help you with your latest project, then contact our specialist team on +971 4 3366144.
Share This Blog