Dome International LLC is one of the leading Health, Safety and Environment consultants in Dubai and provides Technical Safety Consultancy services in the Middle East through a team of locally based, highly experienced experts. One of the many specialized studies offered by our team is SIMOPS Review.
A SIMOPS Review (simultaneous operations) is carried out in order to identify the risks associated with the various simultaneous operations of a project or process during the hazard identification study based on the project execution sequence. The review identifies possible interactions between activities that may adversely impact people, property, or the environment. SIMOPS reviews are an important addition to the performance of Hazard Effect Management Process Studies (HEMP) or PHA studies such as HAZID, Hazard and Operability (HAZOP) studies etc.
SIMOPS typically involves multiple stakeholders (owners, contractors, sub-contractors and vendors), large multi-disciplined workforce’s and a range of daily, 24-hr, routine and non-routine construction, commissioning and operation activities. Simultaneous operations activities can significantly increase the risk level, with serious and sometimes disastrous consequences.
The SIMOPS risk assessment process must review and evaluate in detail the simultaneous operations and tasks, including the following steps:
- summarize the operations that may take place simultaneously in the field and identify the hazards capable of arising because of these;
- investigate the development of the hazards into accident events;
- assess the effectiveness of hazard controls in such circumstances; and
- identify the consequences of accident events, where they have been shown to be able to occur, to determine the effects on the facility risk levels.
Dome has undertaken many SIMOPS Review studies, recent examples include:
- Technip/ Abu Dhabi Oil Co. LTD (Japan)- SIMOPS Workshop 18″ Pipeline Remedial Project- Design Stage (FEED)
- ILF/ ADNOC Gas Processing- FEED for Conversion of Gas Pipeline Manual Ball Valves to Remote Operated Valves
- Tebodin/ ADNOC Gas Processing- FEED and Detailed Engineering for Pe-8571 Hab-1 Unit 32/33-E-103 Lean Side Piping Modification.
- Tebodin/ ADNOC Gas Processing- SIMOPS Report for BU HASA Fire Water Network Replacement
- Fortune Engineering/ ADNOC Onshore- EPC FOR UPGRADE OF OIL EXPORT FLOW MEASUREMENT IN ADNOC FIELDS TO FISCAL SERVICE QUALITY
- Mott MacDonald / ADNOC Gas Processing- FEED Services for Habshan-5 De-Bottlenecking for Associated Gas
- Adyard/ADNOC Gas Processing- EPC project for Replacement of Liquid Sulphur Loading Arm & EHT System
- Target/ ADNOC Offshore- EPC PROJECT FOR DISSOLVED GAS EJECTOR MITIGATION SYSTEM
Dome has a team of a world class experts to conduct SIMOPS Review studies and other Risk and Safety studies and reviews. For further information on our wide range of Safety & Risk services, please contact Mr. Loveson Varghese, Technical Director, Safety & Risk – email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Share This Blog