DY completes Gabal Hadid Project
Dome Yemen has successfully reached the completion stage of a challenging project to build new reservoirs for the Local Water & Sanitation Corporation Aden (LWSCA). The new reservoirs are replacements for two reservoirs which were abandoned due to corrosion and air strike damage. This was a particularly difficult project as the reservoirs are located in a restricted area on a mountain top (80 meters above ground level) where no road access is available. The project was funded by the Government of the Republic of Yemen and the Arab Fund for Economic and Social Development (AFESD) and serves the Khormaksar District.
Project components included:
- Demolishing and removal of existing reservoirs.
- Design, built of 2 new reservoirs of pressed steel panels, capacity 2,250m3 each.
- Supply and erection of the rising and falling pipelines of 300mm diameter, 500mm and about 350m length each.
- All necessary civil and electromechanical works.
- Construction of operation room for LWSCA staff.
The Project Consultant is Misr Consulting Engineers.
Share This Post